Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

On a Bosch dishwasher how do you turn off end of cycle beep?

Customer Question

How do turn off the end of cycle beeping on the Bosch dishwasher model SHE65P06UC?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.

Jon Grella :

Hello

What comes after the uc in the model number? It should be 2 numbers?
JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- : 60
Jon Grella :

Bosch dishwashers are slightly difficult to reset due to the controls being hidden on the top of the door. If the dishwasher is in the wash or rinse cycle, avoid burns by opening the door just enough to stop the machine from running. Wait at least 10 seconds or until the water noises have stopped before you open the door enough to operate the keys. Section 1 of this article explains how to reset most Bosch dishwasher models, while Section 2 explains how to reset Bosch Ascenta dishwashers.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

1. Bosch Dishwashers with "Cancel Drain" Buttons

• 1 Open the dishwasher door far enough to expose the control buttons then press the two buttons labeled "Cancel Drain" and hold for three seconds.
    • 2 Close the door. Wait approximately one minute for the dishwasher to complete the cycle.
    • 3 Open the door and press the "ON/OFF" button.

Bosch Ascenta Dishwashers

• 1 Deactivate the child lock if necessary by pressing and holding "<" until the "CL" disappears from the display.
    • 2 Open the door enough to expose the controls, then press the "START RESET" button until the "ACTIVE" LED goes out. On the SHE5AM model, press the "START RESET" button until the display clock changes to "0:01".
    • 3 Close the door and wait approximately one minute. On the SHE5AM, wait until the display clock shows "0:00".
    • 4 Open the door and press the "ON/OFF" button.

If that doesn't help, can walk you through it the best I can. Please let me know how it works.

JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- :Should the dishwasher be on or off when you hold cancel for 3 secs?
Jon Grella :

It shouldn't matter.

JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- : Those instructions just reset the cycle. I need to disable the beeping sound at the end of the cycle. I want no beeping.
Jon Grella :

Sorry. This is what you need to do.

There are two sets of instructions in my manual -- one for models w/ the LED display (like the SHY66), and another set for those that don't have the LED...
To change cycle completion volume on Bosch dishwashers.....
......for models w/ LED display (e.g., SHY66):
1) Press & **hold** DELAY START button, then press & **hold** ON/OFF button. When tone begins to sound & display shows 0, 1 or 2, release all buttons.
2) Display & DELAY START button light will be flashing. Press DELAY START button until tone is at desired level/silent. Display will show 0 (silent), 1 or 2 (loudest).
3) Press ON/OFF button & close dw door. Cycle Completion Signal is now set & you can wash dishes as usual.

.....for models w/o LED display:
1) Press & **hold** right-most of the two buttons labeled "Cancel Drain," then press & **hold** ON/OFF button. When light on "Cancel Drain" button you are holding lights, and tone begins to sound, release all buttons.
2) Press same "Cancel Drain" button as before until tone is at desired level or is silent.

Please let me know if you have any problem. If that doesn't work, you may need to replace the main control on your unit.

JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- : Those instructions do not work for my model. I already tried those. Those are available all over the Internet. The dishwasher is brand new so I don't think I need to replace anything.
Jon Grella :

I have the most recent tech sheets. That is what I am referring to.

JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- :Does not work for my model. When you press and hold delay start and then power the display shows a zero. If I press delay start again, it shows a 1 with an asterik. No tone is ever heard. I have tried saving the setting with a 1 and 0 and neither turns off the tone. I never get a selection of 0, 1, 2
Jon Grella :

Did you look at the uses and care manual that came with the machine?

You could also look for the tech sheet behind the front bottom kick plate. That will walk you through it step by step. Otherwise I can call it into the tech department tomorrow morning and get specific instructions for your model.

It maybe so new it is not listed yet on the website

JACUSTOMER-dc5ndiby- : Looked at the manual. Nothing talks about the beeping.
Jon Grella :

You would need the use and care manual. It is listed at the end of cycle tone section