Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Roper washing machine leaks water during the spin cycle

My Roper washing machine leaks water during the spin cycle and doesnt get the clothes dry. All of the hoses have been checked and are connected fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

graphic

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model #: RAS8333RQ0
SER #: CS3103838
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
How much water are you finding during the drain cycle on the floor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its a pretty large area, somewhere around a 10x10 area around the washer
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
ANd it only happens during the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that i could tell, when it drains after the wash cycle i could find no water leaking from any of the hoses. if its possible to leak from somewhere other then the back then it could be leaking the entire time and i couldnt tell or see it
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
The drain pumps in this unit has a habit of leaking with age, that is the most likely suspect, I change 3 or 4 of these every week for problems like you are having, the part number for the drain pump is(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

graphic

Here is a video on how to replace it

Click_Here