John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Hi, I have a 20 year old Sub Zero refridgerator freezer system

I have a 20 year old Sub Zero refridgerator freezer system 550. The freezer started building excessive amounts of ice in the right side of the freezer compartment to the point that the freezer drawer was getting stuck. The is a lot of moisture dripping from the inside top of the freezer compartment. The seal was in really bad shape so I replaced it. The problem has continued though. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Fritz
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
This condition can be caused by a low refrigerant charge in the sealed system. It sounds like the cooling cycle is working correctly. You'll need to have the charge checked by a refrigeration technician.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.