william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I have a GE Profile PDW8280N00SS dishwasher. Lately, too much

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile PDW8280N00SS dishwasher. Lately, too much detergent stick to the inside of the door and silverware, and glassware has numerous detergent spots. It feels like there is not sufficient water to disperse the detergent. I already used very light load of our glassware to test to be sure no blocking of water to rinse down the detergent from its dispenser, but the same results occur. My house only used soft water from water softener. What can be the fix?

Ah-lim Tsai
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Tell me how much detergent you are using please? What kind also please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Amount to fill up the manual detergent dispenser. Cascade liquid detergent. This problem only occurred in the last two months and got worse and worse.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I understand but i need to know how much you put in there? Also do you use jetdry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I said I used the amount that just filled up the space of the detergent dispenser, roughly about 10 ml. Yes, the jetdry was used and I always make sure I have enough amount before I wash a new load.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Ok for one thing you are using way to much detergent you have soft water so your not suppose to use a whole bunch actually your only suppose to use 1 tablespoon per load,if you had hard water then yes you would use alot more. Since you mentioned that its getting worse its because all that detergent that isnt desolving is getting caked up in to some of the parts, Try using this product called DISHWASHER MAGIC, its a really good cleaner.

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not convinced by this answer as I have been using the same amount of detergents for over two years and did not have this kind of problem. The phenomenon seems to start in the last two months and getting worse.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I understand all of this but you have to look at it this way you are slowly clogging the d/w up as i mentioned the reason why its getting worse is that the particals that are in the detergent are drying up in the parts of the d/w, just get that product called dishwasher magic and it will clean everything inside the d/w it will even clean the caked detergent that is probally infested into your dishwasher,and if you keep using it like you have been then you just might as well throw the one you got out and get a new one. You will ruin your d/w.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
William:
Where can I buy the Dishwasher Magic? Howe Depot? And how soon should I see the effect? And what if it still do not work, can I get refund of the $30?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Sure you can get a refund no problem, let me look for that product. Hang on.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Here you go click on the link below and hopefully there is a store near you.

http://dishwashermagic.com/where-to-buy.php

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
You will need to click the accept button please. Thanks.
william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I went to the gym to work out. I will buy a bottle of dishwasher magic to test tomorrow morning and if the effect is good, I will pay the $30. Hope you do not mind. I will contact you by email further. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
William:
I tested the effect of Dishwasher Magic. It did swept off a lot of the sticky mess inside the dishwasher and from the surface of the silverware. I hope after several applications of Dishwasher Magic in the next few months and cut down the detergent into a tablespoon amount, the dishwasher will assume its normal behavior. Thanks much for the assistance. I now am happy to pay for the knowledge I learned from you. Great experience.

Ah-lim Tsai
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
William:
BTW, I wish to pay your job by another credit card different from the original one I used for the deposit. Please put me back to the pay procedure, I had trouble to go there.

Ah-lim Tsai