Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am getting FH and F9 error codes on my Maytag Epic front

I am getting FH and F9 error codes on my Maytag Epic front load washer, model #MFW9800TQ0. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The meaning of the FH and F9 error codes are listed below along with the corrective actions needed.

F/H

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
  • If there is no water in the unit:
    1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
    2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
    3. Verify inlet valve operation
  • If there is water in the unit:
    1. Verify Drain pump operation
    2. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
  • Verify there is not a siphon problem
  • Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check all hoses for possible leaks
  • Verify pressure switch operation
  • Verify flow meter operation
  • Verify CCU operati

F/09

Overflow Condition

If the Overflow contact on the pressure switch is Closed for more than 60 seconds and Overflow condition will occur. In an Overflow condition, the Door will remain locked, and the Drain Pump will run constantly, even if PAUSE/CANCEL is pressed twice and the Display is cleared. Unplug the unit to service.

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or inked.
  • Check Wire Harness connectors to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check/Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects
  • Check for Drain Pump Failure
  • Check the Inlet Valve for proper shut off
  • Check the Pressure switch for proper operation

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback until you have tried the repair since this reflects my standing in this category. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!