Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i own a whilpool gold self cleaning double ovenabout 7 years

i own a whilpool gold self cleaning double ovenabout 7 years old. The display screen doesnt come on,nor does the oven. In our area we do experiaance power surges or shut downs and when this happens usally the oven will display a power failure has occured....I have attempted to turn a power for a bit to see if it would reset itself with no success But the oven does make a beeping noise and some of the buttons do sowhen pushed but still no display and the ovens are also non-fuctional. The light in side the ovens do come on..model gbd307pds09
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it ? You need to check voltage from the control transformer, these fail a lot especially if you get a lot of power surges, if you get 11.5 V DC coming from the transformer going to the control board that is fine, if you do then you need to replace the control, if you think this is too much for you to do you will need a technician to come and check this for you, the transformer is located behind the control panel where you set the oven temperature in other words the keypad, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan