Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a sharp easy open microwave Serial # 116551, model

I have a sharp easy open microwave Serial # 116551, model # XXXXX manufactured Sept 2009. I turn on the microwave for 45 seconds and had a 9 volt Duracell Battery in my pocket and was standing 2 toXXXXX The battery became very hot in my pocket. Queston: is the microwave with-in limits of radiation loss? The unit was installed in my house in early 2010.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is not a good thing, most appliance service companies have a microwave leak tester, i would call and have this looked at before using it any further, there are definitely microwaves escaping the cavity of the microwave.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have had a applicance tech come to look at the unit and he say all batteries will get hot

if they are in front of the microwave. He says nothing is wrong with the unit. He charged me $75 for the visit.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I've never heard of that ! I've had many a flashlight in front of a microwave and never had the batteries do that. did he take a microwave door leak tester to it. ?