Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Can I install the control oven ASM on GE convection range myself

Can I install the control oven ASM on GE convection range myself? Part #WB27T10443. problem with range is that the #4 on control panel does not work. all the rest works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Yes you can pull the range away from the wall and remove part number 15 on this diagram. then theres just 4 screws holding the control in and the wires, remove the wires one at a time and put them on the new control, make sure the range is unplugged before servicing, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks bryan. does that seem like the right fix to you, if just the 4 isn't working? If so, it sounds pretty easy from my end.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes it does look like the issue to me, the control is all self contain which means the key pad is part of the control. in other words theres no separate key pad its all one piece . when you say # XXXXX isn't working how do you mean? is it a burner ? if so thats different.