John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a RM4873 refrigerator. It would blow the fuse (5A)

I have a RM4873 refrigerator. It would blow the fuse (5A) when run on AC. I replaced the control board with a part no.(NNN) NNN-NNNN000 3-way. On AC the display panel indicates it is working, however the 120V heater doesn't get hot. On DC, the check light comes on but the 12V heater gets very hot. It seams to work on gas. The burner lights and stays lit. Could you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Check the AC electric heater element that's mounted in the exhaust flue for continuity. If you get a ohns reading, turn the fridge to the AC mode, and see if the heater warms up. If it does'nt, check the fuse on the control board, and make sure the wire connections are clean and tight. If all this checks out, replace the control board.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When on AC, the heater is not getting hot. When on DC the element is HOT and the check light is always on. When on GAS the burner is lit. The refrigerator does not get cold on any setting. I have replaced the control board. You must not have read my question.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

My apology, I misunderstood the problem. Since the fridge does'nt cool in any mode, I suspect that the refrigerant has leaked. The sealed system uses ammonia at about 300 psi, so it will leak through the smallest break. You need to locate the leak and repair it. Then the system will need to be recharged. This is best done by a RV refrigeration technician.