william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I live on an acreage and receive my water from a well. Three

Customer Question

I live on an acreage and receive my water from a well. Three days ago my water became dirty. It is cloudy with dirt sediment visable. I had a sediment filter installed. The water is still cloudy with sediment present. The filter was dirty this morning before I cleaned it. The plumbing company says that I need a new well drilled because the casing has collasped. This happened once before and it cleared up in a few days. But this time it hasn't cleared-so far. Please advise-what would you do if this was your well?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I have well water and have very high iron content and i have a softner hook-up to it and it dose very well, i think all you need is a new point and a new screen put in, they will have to bring the pipe up for that. Does your water have a rotten egg smell?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my water is delicious with no smell whatsoever
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok then i believe that your casing isnt collasped because if it was it would have a foul oder of rotten eggs and also smell of sulfer. Did you call a well specialist? A plumber isnt right for this job. I think alls you need is a new screen and as long as their down there put a new point on it. Or are you looking for something that you can do other than what i suggested? You do not need a new well !!! i think their looking for $$$$.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have contacted a well specialist, but he has not gotten back to me yet. I have kept your information, name & number. If your spot on you will be compensated. I have used this service before, and have been quite satisfied.. thanks much.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok good luck.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
One more question do you have low water pressure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no the water pressure is fine. i just talked to the plumber and he said we have a submergable pump and putting a screen on you do no good.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

There is one allready on it alls your doing is replacing it its at the very end of the pipe right above the point you have a screen.

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Heres a picture its called a intake strainer.

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Thats what i would do dont let them talk you into getting a new well when infact you dont need one, good luck.
william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I consulted 3 companies that drill wells in this area, and to put it nicely you do not know what you are talking about. I think you over stepped your expertise. And for the second time I have wasted money on this web sight.