Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 10 year old GE Profile PDW 7880 dishwasher. I replaced

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old GE Profile PDW 7880 dishwasher. I replaced the upper spray arms, the fine mesh filter, and installed a new impeller kit in the pump. The upper spray arm is still not spinning. I do not think there is enough water pressure feeding the spray arms.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you tell me how much water is in the bottom of this dishwasher at the beginning of the cycle after this fills? In inches?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
about a on half inch above the large screen
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you are not getting enough water, do this test, pour about a gallon more water in by hand and start the machine tell me if you hear the water sloshing around then really loud like it used to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok the arm is spinnind with additional water could be the float or an open drain or water supply line to small?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Always check the float first and make sure it moves up and down freely, but the most common reason is the fill valve gets clogged inside and not enough water comes through in the allotted fill time that the timer gives it, therefore the timer shuts the water flow off before it gets up to full capacity where it needs to be, that's just the problem I thought you have to, you need to replace your fill valve if the float loose up-and-down easily and is getting stuck. I don't believe the drain is open, when you put the water in and then open it up after the water was still there right? If so it's not a drain issue, I would switch the valve and all almost bet that will take care of it thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan, Thank you for your help, I did not know how much water is to be in the tub. I am accepting your answer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much, I think the valve will take care of it, best wishes and thanks again, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan,
thanks again, I will leave the 5 bucks for a tip.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, have a great night, Bryan