Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The heater will not come on in the drier

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is this a thermal switch you said you replaced ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay do you have a voltmeter? I am sending you a link that shows you how to test the heater assembly if you don't have a voltmeter you can get one at Lowe's or any hardware store a cheap one for around $15.00 click this blue link and it will take you to a video that will show you how to test it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/436460/1106011?modelNumber=WTMC6300US%2F01 if the heater is bad you can also order it right there, I hope this helps, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i dont, but I can run out & get one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay. let me know when you have it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay, I thought I had one for my plane, but I dont. I will be back with you in about 30 min. I know how to test it. Be back with ya!
Thanks,
Lance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no problem,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Looks like I have a bad coil. I just ordered it & will try things again tomorrow afternoon...
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay great sounds like we got to the bottom of it, get back to me tomorrow when you know, thanks and good job, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay, I will get back with you tomorrow...
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have another question while the panels are off of the drier. The drier is not as quiet as it was. Is there oil or grease areas to quiet it down a bit?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No there are no grease fittings or oil reservoirs that need to be filled, how do you mean it's louder than that was ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When it was new, you couldn't even hear it run. Now, it just sounds like something needs grease or oil. It's not real bad, but was just wondering if it had any "oil points" or grease zirk fittings. No big deal...
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No there is none, it might be that the drum supports wheels are wearing, however this is a big job taken this thing apart, if it's not that I wouldn't worry about it. Did you say the heater did not have any continuity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that's correct. I have ordered one & it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know once I test it. Should be around 4:00
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well if your heater did not have continuity then it's definitely bad, I'm sure this is gonna take care of your issue obviously the heater coil is broken inside, I will wait till tomorrow and you get back to me and let me know, hopefully things work out fine and I think it will .hopefully you will be happy and accept my answer, thanks and we'll talk tomorrow Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great! Thanks bud!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

no problem

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have heat! Thanks for your help!!!

Lance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
That's fantastic Lance, great job ! Have a great day, thanks, Bryan