Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana washer model LW4203w/l2 from 1994. Occassionally,

I have an Amana washer model LW4203w/l2 from 1994. Occassionally, the water leaks into the machine and I have to spin it out. Not a major problem, the machine still works. What do your recommend.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

The leak is caused by the electronic fill valve not shutting tightly when it's off. This is the part that your hoses from the house connect to, you will need to replace it, there is a link below to order the part.

valve .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it easy to replace? Do I simply remove the one from the back of the washer and replace it with a new one or is there a trick to swiching it? I guess I could simply turn off the water after each wash cycle at the faucet.
Yes it is fairly easy replace, unplug the machine, shut the water off at the faucets, and move the hoses and there is a plate that the valve is attached to number 10 on this diagram, there is a screw holding the plate in remove the screw and pull the valve assembly toward you and there will be a rubber hose that you need to remove and two plugs, just make sure you don't get the plugs mixed up so you don't have hot coming into your cold when you have the machine on, but otherwise pretty simple to change actually, I hope this helps thanks, Bryan