John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have Norcold model N611RT Serial 13755778 The fridge works

I have Norcold model N611RT Serial 13755778 The fridge works normal and fine when I have the trailer plugged in to 120V. I went to use the propane instead of electricity and the pilot or flame would light and run for about a minute then go out. The yellow light would flash. Took to dealer where we bought the rv and they used air and blew out the area where the flame is. Flame now stays light but now the fridge runs at a temp of 58 degrees F. with the temp switch set on high or 5. on electricity on 5 it runs at about 34 degrees F. I would like to get the service manual for this also.

Thanks Carl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Since the fridge works correctly on AC, there must be something partially blocking the gas flow to the burner. Check the area around the burner orifice to see if dust or other material has built up there. For a downloadable manual, go the www.thetford.com, and select your model number from the list. On the right side of the screen, choose the manuals tab, and select the manuals you want.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried to blow out the area through the inspection opening. That still didn't help it. tonight I am going to take out the orifice and see if it looks like it may be partially plugged. If there is nothing wrong there, what is next step for me to try. Also for your info the manual says the gas part will not work as well as it should above elevation 5500 feet. I live at 8300 feet. But up until now it has functioned perfect at that elevation. Last weekend we had it down at around 5000 feet or lower and it didn't cool at that elev.

Thanks Carl

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK. Thank you. Sometimes it's difficult to solve problems without actually being there.