Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi, i have an older kenmore washer(80 series) that has always

hi,
i have an older kenmore washer(80 series) that has always worked perfectly up until 2 days ago when it stopped the drain/spin cycle. I've tried to manually get it to that cycle by turning the dial but it stops every time and on every setting(normal, perm. press, etc)

what can i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you lift the lid and in the very back center there is a model number tag can you get me the model number ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the model # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so when you advanced this to spin it does absolutely nothing ? No sound at all? No drain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
right, it does nothing. it doesn't make the ticking sound and it didn't drain at all. i just finished dumping gallons of water out of it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay you need to replace your lid switch, this is connected to the top of the machine and if you look on the lid there is a post that goes through a hole well that post hits the lid switch which is down that hole so you need to replace the switch, a lot of times these will break free from the top, they are just plastic and if you shut the lid to hard it can sometimes break the switch, you can order the switch at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/3949247/547225?modelNumber=110.28802890#repairHelpVideoTabs , thanks Bryan right