Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I replaced my inlet valve today and im still not getting water

I replaced my inlet valve today and i'm still not getting water to the ice maker. Could the water line be frozen?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Absolutely this could be frozen, these refrigerators are known for this, the real problem is it's frozen up in the ceiling of the freezer where the water line runs through, the way to tell is on the back they should be a quick disconnect between the valve and where it goes into the freezer, disconnect the connector and blow through it into the freezer, if you cannot blow through it is frozen, this can be a real pain in the neck to the Frost because you can't take it apart you need to take a hairdryer and run along the top of the freezer inside, the ceiling, until the water line on freezes, this can take some time but it's the only way to do it unless you unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open which is not an option for a lot of people as they only have one refrigerator, if you don't have a quick connect in the middle of that line run-up the back of the refrigerator you can take it off the valve and blow through it on the bottom, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan