John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Have a TEK II Model DE/EV-461...cooling performance seems to

Have a TEK II Model DE/EV-461...cooling performance seems to be degraded....freezer compartment was beginning to defrost...but the frig unit seemed to be holding its own. What would be most likely cause? thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Check to make sure the cooling fan at the top of the fridge is running, and check for dust accumulations in other areas that might impede the necessary air flow. If you'd like manuals for it, go to www.thetford.com, and select the model closest to yours. It should be similar to the model you listed.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.