Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirpool duet sport. It is 4 yrs old. The last two

I have a whirpool duet sport. It is 4 yrs old. The last two loads did not spin fast enough to extract most of the wter out. I certinly could not put the laundry in the dryer. What can I do to see if there is something I can do before I call a repair man?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you open the door and get us the full model number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
There is one thing you can try for calling for service, this may not be emptying all the water out in the allotted time, there may be water down below the drum what you can't see it and if that happens will not spin up to speed, remove the bottom panel under the door assembly number five on this diagram, behind that you will see a pump trap, this picture is sideways so this is what you're looking for though,get some towels and unscrew the cap counterclockwise and pull out the trap, clean it of any obstructions and put the trap back in, try the machine again, see if it goes into a high-speed spin, if not you will need to call for service, the parts for this machine can get very expensive and you don't want to make a mistake or the wrong part, these machines are very difficult to work on and to diagnose, try the pump trap and see if that takes care the issue, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do i get the panel off? nothing is working for me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was on break, there are screws way down at the very bottom of the panel you almost have to lay on the floor to see them, like as if you are looking under the machine remove those screws and just pull the panel off on the bottom, let me know when you get that done thanks, Bryan