Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I bought a Haier RDE/RDG 350AW electric dryer and there is

Customer Question

I bought a Haier RDE/RDG 350AW electric dryer and there is no power supply cord kit with it. I am in the U.S. and was not aware of this situation until product had been received. WHERE am I supposed to buy a power supply cord kit. I do not know the first thing about installing these things. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Customer :

hi

Customer :

so can you help me

Robert :

This is common on all dryers due to the fact that there are 2 different types of plugs available. You will need to look at the plug in your laundry room to see if it s a 3 prong or a 4 prong receptacle.

Customer :

4 prong

Customer :

three on outside one in middle

Customer :

it woudl ahve been nice had i been informed of the lack of this item i would have ordered it at time of purchase

Customer :

can the cord be bought at lowes

Customer :

i need to get this hooked up

Customer :

hello???

Robert :

I am here

Customer :

ok

Robert :

Website acting weired

Customer :

jsut checking

Robert :

You can buy the cord at lowes. You can also use the one off of the old unit if you still have it.

Customer :

i dont have an old unit moved into a n apartment and this is my first experience with electric dryers

Customer :

do they make universal 4 prong power supplu cord kits

Robert :

Yes. They only have 2 plugs. 3 or 4 prong.

Customer :

4 prong is what i have

Customer :

guess i'm heading over to lowe;s

Customer :

have to get this hooked up today

Customer :

am so mad

Customer :

like to be one step ahead and this put me two steps behind

Robert :

I understand. Someone should have told you or had it listed on the site.

Robert :

When you install the new cord do it like this:

Customer :

it wasnt and i will be letting amazon.com know this has been nothing but a headache

Customer :

go ahead

Customer :

do it like how:

Robert :

From left to right put the wires like this: Red, White, Black and then the green to the ground..

Robert :

This will get you set up.

Customer :

and the dryer will be ready to go???

Robert :

Suere willo be.

Customer :

that sounds too easy

Robert :

Sure will be

Robert :

It is not hard at all

Robert :

I have put on about 300+

Customer :

well thank you appreciate the help

Customer :

thanks a lot do appreciate it am off to lowe's have a great day

Robert :

No problem. Have a great day!

Robert :

Please click the accept button to close out this question if you don't need any other information. Thank you for your time!