Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator model JCD2389DES. I am begining

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator model JCD2389DES. I am begining to get water below it occasionally, and ice forming on the inside bottom of the freezer. Could the drain line be clogged? If so, how do I clear it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Yes you have a defrost drain clog, what you need to do is remove the back panel inside the freezer behind your food and at the very bottom of the coils you will see a sheet of ice, underneath that ice is a drain hole, boil some water and pour it on the ice until all the ice is melted in the drain is clear and drains freely, the drain hole will be in the very center, the panel you need to remove is part number 20 on this diagram, you can also see the drain pan under the coils which is part number 14 on the diagram, once you have this cleared out and it drains you should be all set, there is no set cause for this it just happens sometimes, course you have water in a freezer this is going to happen occasionally, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan