Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Kenmore gas stove. The four burners are working

We have a Kenmore gas stove. The four burners are working fine and when I turn the knob to the oven the oven light comes on. I put it on 350 to let it preheat, but when I checked
the oven had not heated up. I haven't been able to use it and not sure what needs
to be done since the gas works on top. Please let me know if there is something we can do or if it needs a repair person. Thanks

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Does this have a bottom drawer that pulls out? If so can you open the drawer and check the model number tag and get me the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hold on and I will check
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Try 164D2529P 12. It had 1993 on the tag.

That model number does not come up however I know what the problem is, your oven igniter has failed, now there are two different types and since I don't have your model number guessing this is a 1993 I would say it would be this one, this is under the bottom floor in the oven, usually there are two screws in the back inside the oven when you take the racks out to remove the bottom, once you get this removed you will see the igniter, you need to replace it, you can order it at the following link.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay. I notice it's $46.00 which I don't mind paying if you are sure this will take care of it. If so, thank you for your help.
I'm 99% sure this will take care of it, we do a ton of these, especially being older range and you say the light comes on the clock so that tells me the electronics are working so yes somebody confident this will take care of your issue, this range is made by Frigidaire I believe, Kenmore does not make their own appliances they bid them out to the lowest bidder, I did find the igniter on eBay new for $23.99 if you wish to go that route. Here's the link, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just ordered the part on Ebay and just wanted to thank you. You have been most helpful. Hopefully we can get it the rest of the way. Will accept your answer after I send this. ksf

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you will be happy,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan - I ordered the part on ebay you said and we tried to make it work but it didn't.

We ended up paying a serviceman to come and look at it and it was the wrong part

He had to get another part so we ended up paying $129.00 to get it working. You

were nice but it was $40+ paid for nothing. ksf

what part was it he replaced?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't know. I am at work so don't have the info here. If my husband saved the box

I will let you know.

okay I'm sorry that happened, one thing though, these igniter's do need to be replaced about every three to four years on average so its not a bad thing, let me know what part he replaced. I kinda wish you had come back and told me it didn't work though, I would have gladly gone on to help you more. thanks Bryan