Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE SxS model GHS25JSRF SS. THE WATER AND ICE ARE

I have a GE SxS model GHS25JSRF SS. THE WATER AND ICE ARE NOT DISPENSING AND IS MAKING A CONSTANT CLICKING SOUND FROM THE BACK SIDE. I CHANGED THE WATER FILTER AND IT WORKED FOR A BOUT 4 CUPS OF WATER THAN THE SAME THING, A DULL CLICKING.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Unfortunately this is all too common a problem on these, your motherboard has failed, this is located on the back of the refrigerator if you pulled away from the wall there will be an 8 x 10" cover, the board is behind this cover, can you recheck the model number however,? There are different boards for these and I need to know which one you need, your model number does not seem to come up can you check it real good?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You are right about the model number: GSH25JSRF SS. What can i do about the motherboard, replace it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay great here you go, you will need to replace this like I said it's behind an 8 x 10" panel on the back of the refrigerator, GE has redesigned these boards because of failures, these are just plug-and-play but they do come with instructions, you can order it at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=GSH25JSRFSS if you want to search the net for a better price you can usually find one just Google this part number, WR55X10942 this will take care of your problem, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
amazon has it for $92 WR55X10942
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
there you go, I always tell people to search online because I know you can get these for a lot less, that's the right board so go ahead and order it and you will be all set once you install it, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SHALL I UNPLUG THE REFRIGERATOR OR WILL IT STILL COOL THE ITEMS IN IT?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
It will still cool as long as it's been cooling, the board has different relays that run different aspects of the refrigerator, if the refrigerator is running now and not getting warm then you can leave it plugged in however if it seems like it's getting warm then I would unplug it, if you hear clicking all the time even when you not push the button for water or ice then it's possible that the refrigerator itself is starting to warm up, the board may have completely failed on this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the clicking is constant but the inside is cool/cold. would hate to have to totally unplug so I guess the board will keep clicking. thoughts?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

The only reason I would unplug it is if it wasn't cooling actually, the thing is it's probably getting warmer but you don't know it yet, so if it is your just wasting electricity leave it plugged in, I can't be sure I don't know what the temperatures are in it, what I would do is get one of those refrigerator temperature gages at any hardware store or Lowe's and stick it inside and if you see the temperature dropping you know the compressor is kicking on like it should and then I would shut it off unplug it, other than that if it's keeping things cold then the clicking I don't believe is gonna be an issue it's just gonna be annoying, but I've got the feeling that it's probably getting warmer and you don't know it yet, I wish I could do more but I really don't know from this end.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Bryan. I really appreciate your help. If I need help in the install shall i keep our session open or do I have to pay again?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no you don't have to pay again , you have 30 days to come back if you have any further questions, Thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
please don't forget to press the accept button, you will still have 30 days to ask more questions although I don't believe you will need any help but I'll be glad to help if you do. thanks Bryan