Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Maytag Neptune washer appears NOT to go into its spin cycle.

Our Maytag Neptune washer appears NOT to go into its spin cycle. The clothes are soaked at the end of the cycle and a small amount of water remains in the drum. We live in Sutton, VT (20 miles north of St Johnsbury - 40 miles from Littleton, NH) and are likely need of a Maytag repair person. Can you assisst?

Alice Soininen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

We do not do service calls, sorry, the closest place to Sutton would be,

Circle A Appliance

Placement on map is approximateXXXXXa target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> St. Johnsbury, VTNNN-NN-NNNNa target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
Get directions(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

This is probably your best bet to get a service company out there, however today is a holiday so I don't believe you got a reach anybody there today, hope this helps though, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was expecting more than a telephone number. I could come up with that. Was hoping you would give me some potential causes of the problem so that I have a place to start with a repair person.'
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was expecting more than a telephone number. I could come up with that. Was hoping that you would give me possible causes and potential expense.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay well you didn't say that sorry you said you would probably need a Maytag service,

is the door locking in the door lock light coming on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No. Inoticed that and was accordingly puzzled as usually comes on very soon after the wash starts and stays on. That said, it didn't come on when I went directly to the spin cycle. Not sure if it comes on at the start of a wash.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, can you get me the full model number of the washer ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maytag Neptune Super Stack SL-3
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well I really need the full model number, it should be inside the dryer door on a tag or on a tag inside the washer door, can you check there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

MLE2000AYW SN: 24518536YF (Numbers on inside of dryer door.)

Doing a wash to check if the light goes on as usual early on. AS of 10 minutes into the wash, the light has NOT gone on.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay this is not really good news, the main control board is bad, Maytag had a huge recall on these boards and obviously yours didn't get replaced I don't believe, the diodes on the board Fry because the wax motor in the door lock assembly draws too many amps through the board and Burns the board up, so in a sense you have to replace two different parts on this, the board and the wax motor in order to prevent this from happening again, the wax motor, is the part that locks the door, this is not expensive it's only around $14.00 but the main control board is expensive, it's over $200.00. You would need to replace both of these to repair the issue, here is a link to all the electrical parts for your machine, http://www.repairclinic.com/Model-MLE2000AYW-ID-508740-Parts?s=d508740e if you don't feel like you can do this yourself at least you know how much the parts will cost, thanks and best wishes, Bryan