Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just purchased an Emerson 1000W microwave yesterday and am

I just purchased an Emerson 1000W microwave yesterday and am having trouble with the set up. As soon as I plug it in it starts running and will only stop when I open the door or unplug it. I have let it run for several minutes at a time to see if it heats up inside but it does not appear to. It just runs as soon as you close the door, regardless of what buttons you push. Help...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay you need to return this, it would take too long for them to send somebody out to fix it, what's going on is one of your door switches inside the microwave is bad or stuck I'm not sure which, it's not something you push a button to fix unfortunately, I would return the microwave and get another one. This is not a very common issue especially on new machines but it does happen, rather than wait for them to send somebody out to fix it I would just return it and have them give you a new one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So do you think the store will accept it back and exchange it for a new one if I just have the receipt and did not purchase their optional warranty plan to replace it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes, most stores as long as you have your receipt and it was yesterday that you purchase it they will not give you a hard time on replacing it, the machine came out of the box not working correctly so they do have a responsibility to give you one that runs, I would just take it back and tell them that when you plug it in the fan runs all the time until you unplug it, tell them you talked to a technician and it has a faulty door switch, all you want is a replacement one and you'll be on your way, most stores don't want to give you a hard time because they want your business back and besides they return it to the factory anyway and it doesn't cost them anything, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.