Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MY washer will fill up but wont start washing. I can turn

MY washer will fill up but won't start washing. I can turn the dial and it will drain and spin. How can I get it to wash?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the make and the full model number ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GE WHDSR209D1WW
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay if this fills with water and stops when it gets full but does not agitate it's the timer, since this spins and drains it's not the belt, or the lid switch, and since it stops filling when it's supposed to it's not the water level control either, it's the timer, you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Circuit-Board-or-Timer/WH12X10203/947877?modelNumber=WHDSR209D1WW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I left that out.... It doesnt stop filling... it will keep filling and draning when it get to full...
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay then it is your water level control,this is up in the control panel and is the switch you turn for the different water levels, when the water fills this is supposed to shut the water off and send a signal to the timer to start the agitate, take the screws off along the top of the panel and tip the panel forward, there will be a rubber hose on it pull a rubber hose off and blow through it to make sure that it's not just clogged, if you can blow through it into the tub the water level switch is bad, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/WH12X10076/771436?modelNumber=WHDSR209D1WW thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im sorry but I can not get the cover off the control panel...hints?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
along the top of the control panel there are screws, remove them,lift it slightly and tilt the control panel forward, just the front part of the control not the whole piece.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are "star" like screws.... I cant unscrew them!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you need to get a torx screwdriver set, they sell them cheap at any hardware store or lowes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So if I can blow through the hose then it is the water gage? what if i can't blow through it? then get a new hose?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If you can't blow through it means it's clogged at the tank, you would need to get something like an air hose and blow through the line with some pressure to clear the clog, if you can blow through it yes it's the water level control. (The water gage) as you call it,