Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My kitchenaid ice maker makes ice but doesnt dispense. I

My kitchenaid ice maker makes ice but doesnt dispense. I ran the unit with a generator during a recent power outage lasting 4 days. The dispenser worked during that time. when power came back, the dispenser did not work after plugging back in to the wall. No motor sound, no auger turn.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Are you still getting water through the door?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes still getting water through the door
Okay, do you own a voltmeter and are able to check voltage to the auger motor ? The auger motor is in the door, you need to see if you are getting 120 V to the auger motor, if you get 120 volts replace the auger motor, if not you need to replace the control board, these control boards have relays on them and sometimes when you run a refrigerator on a generator the power is not stable and can burnout the relays on the board,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i access the motor? how do I access the control board?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you access both by removing the outside panel? Or do I access the motor by removing the two bolts inside the ice tub?

Any tips on how to remove the outside panel without breaking it or scratching the stainless steel?

For the auger motor take a look and see if there is a access panel under the auger bin a lot of times there is one right under the bin and I believe yours has one number nine on this diagram. In the control board is in the back near the compressor if you take the rear panel off on the bottom that covers the compressor, number 19 on this diagram.