Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE microwave, model j e 1550 GV 001. It stopped working

I have a GE microwave, model j e 1550 GV 001. It stopped working and the "enter" and "time" keep blinking. I've unplugged it for 12 hours but it's stil just blinking and none of the buttons do anything. Help.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Even though you probably not going to like this answer and I don't blame you but you smart board has failed, it would need to be replaced there is no reset for this, you can order it at the following link, it's part number 1655 on this diagram and is behind the keypad, .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I replace it (get the keypad off and get into the guts) or is it smarter to get a technician out to do it or just replace the unit?
To be honest its better to get a technician to do this because microwaves are very dangerous to work on in opening up the control panels exposes you to the high-voltage section of this microwave, even when the microwave is unplugged the high-voltage capacitor can hold a lethal amount of voltage so if you were hit anything live coming from the capacitor it could potentially kill you, on average five people a year die trying to repair their microwaves, so please be safe it's worth a technician to do it, thanks and best wishes, Bryan