Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am wanting the reset code to my whirlpool dishwasher. The

Customer Question

I am wanting the reset code to my whirlpool dishwasher.

The light keeps blinking and nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

To reset the control board just press "heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry" All the lights will flash at which point you can press the cancel button to reset the board.

***Note*** if you don't have "heated dry" use "air dry" or "energy saver dry"

if this does not work you will need to replace the control board,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
about how much is a control board
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The control board for this is $107.00 at Sears. But I'm giving you a link to repair clinic because there is a video there that shows you how to replace it, I gather the reset didn't work ? One more thing you can try is watch the video and unplug the ribbon from the keypad that plugs into the board and turn the power back on then shut the power off and reconnect the keypad to the Powell board and see if it resets and works, here's the video link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8564542/1060952?modelNumber=GU1100XTLB1#repairHelpVideoTabs you will see the ribbon and how it unplugs, sometimes this will reset the machine. If not you can order this at Sears at the following link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8564542/0022/665&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=8564542 it's much cheaper than repair clinic to get it Sears, hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan