Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore side by side model(NNN) NNN-NNNNis collecting water

My Kenmore side by side model(NNN) NNN-NNNNis collecting water in the defrost drain pan. The water is not evaporating and the pan is overflowing and leaking water all over the floor. Nothing in the manual addresses this issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay usually this means it's not really the defrost water that's filling the pan it usually the filter that's leaking, pull the bottom grill along the front and take a flashlight and take a look at the filter assembly, water is probably dripping from that filter assembly, this is by far the most common reason for your issue, the filter assembly is part number 28 on this diagram, if it is leaking you need to replace your filter, watch it real good, if you can't see it what you need to do is shut the water off to the refrigerator dry out the pan and let it go overnight, if the water does not fill up again then you know it's the filter, the filter has rubber seals on it that tend to leak, you can buy these filters at any Lowe's or Home Depot, thanks, Bryan