John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Hi, I have a dcs 305 gas range. the boiler quit working and

Hi, I have a dcs 305 gas range. the boiler quit working and the oven and boiler controls trip the circuit breaker when turned on like there is a short somewhere. Any idea where the problem is? Oven fan and light works OK.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Will you please send me the complete model number, so I can get information for you? It's printed on an i.d. plate that's located near the oven door, or behind the kick plate beneath the door.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
RGTC 305
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The problem is most likely a shorted glowbar ignitor. I won't be able to get a part number until Tuesday. I'll post back to you, when I get it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If there was a short in the glowbar ignitor in the broiler why would turning on the oven only cause the breaker to trip?

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The short circuit is from the glowbar ignitor to chassis ground, which draws enough current to trip the breaker.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I disconnected the broiler glowbar from the chassis and it still trips the breaker.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

OK. This is a problem that needs the attention of a professional service person, or an electrician. The breaker is tripping due to an over current condition, and the source of that will need to be diagnosed by someone who can be there with test equipment.