Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I started my dishwasher and after the water filled, I

When I started my dishwasher and after the water filled, I was distracted by a loud buzzing sound. I checked to ensure that nothing was interfering with the "arms"; there wasn't. I canceled and tried the "Normal" cycle. (I initially started with the "Anti-bacterial" cycle.) It still buzzes as before. The "Time Remaining" display does not show the time but, instead, it continues to show the lights tracking in a circular pattern (same as it does when the water fills). Regardless, it sounds like it's washing although I've since opened the door release. The soap dispenser hasn't emptied, but it may be too early for this to happen. I hesitate to run the dishwasher as my husband suggested. This is a Whirlpool dishwasher Type 575-0, Model GU1500XTLB1, Serial FP0908312.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

how much water was actually in the bottom of the dishwasher after it was done filling?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know for sure how much it should have filled, but it looks low to me. It's up to the heating filament.
So it does reach the heating element is that what you're saying ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No . . . it's just below the element.

Okay it sounds like you not getting enough water, can you take about a gallon water and after the machine is done filling open the door and pour about a gallon more in and then shut it and started does it sound any different? Is it dissolving the soap? Do this with hot water if you can.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK . . . I canceled the current cycle, started it again, let it refill, added a gallon of hot water (it's above the heating element), and closed the door . . . still buzzing and still no "time remaining" is displayed. Soap door is still closed. BTW, the "Sensing" light is lit, which it may have been all along.
so it doesn't sound like its washing ? hit cancel drain and see if it drains.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems to drain fine. BTW, the "Time Remaining" actually displays when this happens and it actually appears to count down . . . "2," "1," and it cuts off!
okay it sounds like the control board is bad. if it doesn't count down correctly in wash cycle , you can order this @ this is located inside the door. before replacing this however check your pump for and obstruction, there is a video at this link that shows you how to get to the impeller assembly (part of the pump) if nothing is found and the impeller turns freely replace the board, thanks Bryan