Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore dishwasher 665.16014402. It has not been

I have a Kenmore dishwasher 665.16014402.
It has not been cleaning well lately.
I took the bottom spray arm and cover off to see the grinder screen and clean it. There was a bunch of white residue inside, so I ran Finish Cleaner bottle last night. This morning the white grit was turned to powder and al lot of it is grey. The blades are worn off, and no longer touch the screen.
How can the blades be replaced?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay I'm going to send you a video on how to replace the chopper assembly which is what you need to replace this but also you need to check how much water is entering the machine at the beginning of the cycle, start the machine and let the water fill and then open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches ? Does it reach the heater?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I start the cycle and it fills above the heater.
Okay, here is a link to a video to show you how to replace this chopper assembly and you can also order it there, click this blue link, once you get to the site see a video you can watch that show you how to replace the chopper assembly, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Why do you think I have this grity residue inside the machine?

What kind of soap are you using?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cascade powder
Okay my guess on the grit is the power is not dissolving correctly, the first thing I would do is change your soap, the other thing is you need to make sure your heater is coming on and heating the water efficiently, if the water isn't really hot then the soap the dissolve correctly, causing of course the powdery grit you're getting everywhere, check the heater look all the way around make sure there's no burn marks in it, test the water temperature after this is running for a bit and see what the temperature is, most likely this is your biggest issue,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure the heater is working.

I'll switch to gel detergent and run some more Cleaner thru.

Okay, the other thing you can do is get some bottles white vinegar and boil some water and pour the water in the bottom of the dishwasher and then a bottle vinegar and run machine this will help break up what's in the machine and hopefully clean it out.