Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my dryer is not heating

Customer Question

my dryer is not heating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Do you have a voltmeter? Would you know how to check continuity if I told you what to check?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no,I don't have
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Without a voltmeter it makes it very hard to find a problem, you can check the heating element visually and see if there is any breaks in it, remove the bottom panel in the front under the door there will be two screws one on each side and straight back on the left side corner will be the heating element that slides up into the heating can, there will be two screws holding that in, make sure you unplug the dryer before starting, take the screws out and slide the heating element down and out, take a look at it and see if there are any breaks in it, this is what the heating element looks like.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can't sede any springs as the picture

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the heating element out ? The coils are on the other side of the heater, you can't see it just by looking in you need to remove the heating element before you can check the coils.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the coils looks fine to me they are black but not burn
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay in there is no breaks in it anywhere? So you know the heater is good, you need to replace your thermal cut off, you will see this on the heater, you can order at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/40113801/915698?modelNumber=SDE305DAYW thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I forgot how to put coil panel back

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my dryer still not working
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you need to slide the coils back up into the slot in the back behind the drum, or are you wondering where the wires go ?