Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Hotpoint side by side frige/freezer is leaking from the

My Hotpoint side by side frige/freezer is leaking from the corner of the freezer door where there is a small portal. I've turned off the water line, but it's still dripping. ?any ideas

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get me the full model number ? How long has it been since you turn the water line off ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

model # XXXXX CC

Turned water line off over a half ago, and then tried to bleed the line by trying to dispence water.

Okay great, open the freezer and look on the very bottom of the freezer under the drawer at the bottom and tell me if there is any ice on the floor of the freezer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, dry as a bone. And it looks like the food is maybe thawing... not good.
no that is not good, is there any Frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind the food?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no frost anywhere!
That's not good, pull a refrigerator away from the wall and remove the panel it comes the compressor area and feel the compressor, is it hot, warm, or cold, do you hear a buzz or a click every 3-5 minutes? Is the fan next the compressor running? Can you feel the compressor vibrating?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
compressor is cool. no buzz or click. fan is running. compressor is not vibrating.
Okay, you compressor is not running unfortunately, your main control board has failed, this will need to be replaced, this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8 x 10" panel, unplug the refrigerator before opening this panel, the part number for the board is WR55X10942 can order one on line that's not going to help you today, do you have an appliance parts door anywhere nearby that maybe open? If not you may have to order this wait until Tuesday or Wednesday before you can replace it, you can order on line at the following link, there is one thing you can do that is to remove the board flip it over and check the solder joints, most likely one of the solder joints has failed and sometimes if you're lucky you can re-solder it, thanks and best wishes, Bryan