Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Kenmore Elite HE3 QuietPak 2 Front End Loading

I have an Kenmore Elite HE3 QuietPak 2 Front End
Loading Washer. Washer is displaying the codes : dL and F. No water in washer but I cancelled cycle and selected drain/spin and got the same message. Tried to selec a cyscle several times and keep getting the same codes. Also cleaned the inlet screens. Drain hose is not kinked. Water hoses are fine. Cord is properly grounded. Washer was installed @ 6 years ago by Sears. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

dl F means a door lock error, the door lock has failed, you will need to replace it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I've noticed that this door lock has been an issue in the past. Any chance I can just try to adjust it and it will work or do the codes mean the door lock has truly failed? Is this apart I can order on line and replace myself or do I need to call in a service technican? Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Can you get me the model number? Adjusting it usually doesn't work, what is really going on in it is there are micros switches inside the door lock assembly that send a signal to the main board that the door is shut and locked, usually one of the switches fails or the contacts on it fail, if you give me the model number I will find the switch for you, some of the switches I can get videos for to show you how to replace it but I'm not sure on yours until I have a model number, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, Owners Manual says Model(NNN) NNN-NNNN, or 4587*. I think the 4586 and 4587 are color numbers. I can't find anything on the machine itself. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Those numbers don't come up but they are part of the model number I believe, 110 is definitely part of the model number, open the door and there should be a tag right there with the full model number on it, can you check that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model No. 110.45872400. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay super, got it. This is the door latch assembly in yours, the best way to replace this is to remove the top cover of the machine, there are screws around along the backside of the top, remove those and lift the top at the back and slide out from underneath the front, then if you look straight down in the front you will see the door latch assembly, remove the screws that hold the latch assembly,(you will see them when you open the door) then reach down and disconnect the plugs from the switch, remove the switch, then install the new switch in reverse, unfortunately on your latch there is no adjustment that could be made so you will need to replace it, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch-Assembly/8182634/1094190?modelNumber=110.45872400 or if you have a warehouse close by that's open you can pick one up the part number is,(NNN) NNN-NNNNI hope this information is useful, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.