Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I bought a Kenmore 24 Built-In Dishwasher (1374) over a year

Customer Question

I bought a Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher (1374) over a year ago. Suddenly it stopped working. I did a hard reset and that worked twice(hot water, normal wash,hot water, normal wash, cancel buttons) but now it doesn't help. I turned off the power for 45 minutes and that did not help. Is there anything else I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? It will be inside the dishwasher on one of the walls on a tag

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can't get that for a few hours. Does this link help: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02213743000P?vName=Appliances&keyword=kenmore+dishwasher+1374+2

This is the link to what I bought at sears...
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The link doesn't really help because it doesn't show me the full model number on there, I will be around later if you can get me the model number, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will do
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

okay talk later

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan,

the Kenmore model number is:
665.13743K603

The serial # XXXXX:
F01310514
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so you tried the hard reset and the keypad responded but it wouldn't reset stuck correct ? Unfortunately that's not good thing it means the control board has failed. You would need to replace it this point, here is a link to the control board, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/W10285179/0022/665/Model-66513743K603/0582/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pat hRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=K0910273&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=66513743K603&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11 it's part number 10 on this diagram and it is in the control panel. I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome, have a great weekend. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan,

Installed the new part and it still does not run. Can't do a reset either. Any ideas?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Wow not sure. maybe a door switch ? what does it do ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It made some water-like noises when the power was restored. Lights would come on as they did before for normal wash etc. But it would not start. Today it is dead. No lights or noise. Circuit breaker is on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
So this never ran at all ? Okay that's very unusual but not unheard of, there are a couple of things you need to check, first do you have a voltmeter and know how to check continuity?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No but might be able to borrow one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay do you want to see if you can get one and we can continue this tomorrow in the morning ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will do thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great will talk tomorrow.