Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I used the self clean feature on my oven and the door has not

I used the self clean feature on my oven and the door has not unlocked. I've pushed off/clear several times...Any idea how to get it to unlock? It is cooled down and it's been since yesterday.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

This is one of the most pain in the neck problems to have, it happens a lot though, I know you don't have the model number because the doors closed and locked, the real problem is getting the door open, your door lock/latch has failed, what you will need to do if you can is get a coat hanger and bend it and make a small hook and you need to get it down between the door in the body of the oven and pull the lock hook over to get the door open, this is very difficult to do but it's the only way you can get the door open, once you get the door open get me the model number and I will take a look at your latch assembly and get you a link to order one, let me know when you have the door open, thanks, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know where the latch is or which way I'm trying to pull it???
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
At the top of the door in the very center is the latch it's between the door and the oven body, unfortunately without a model number I can't tell you which way it has to be pulled, this is a very difficult thing to do and I wish I had an easy out for you but unfortunately this is how we get them open and like I said it's difficult, usually you pull the stove the right but I can't be sure, some ovens the hook is facing the other direction, if you can't get it open unfortunately you will need to call it technician that I can tell you the problem is the latch assembly so if you do call a technician you will know which part is bad, do you have the book with the model number on it by any chance?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician