Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have an old stove in the house Im renting and

I have an old stove in the house I'm renting and it is make a weird noise since 1 and a half day. I do not know what to do. This noise is weird and constantly.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is this noise a very slight buzzing or kinda rattling noise? Is this a freestanding? If so doesn't have a drawer the bottom?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Look I do not know exactly the difference but it is more like a buzzing noise, I mean I more familiar with that term so I think is a buzzing noise. I can cook normally but the noise that it is making is a little bit more noiser than yesterday
Okay does is have a dial type clock? Does it have the little clock with hands? I don't have a model number so I don't know what kind of clock you have in this, but I do know the whirlpools replace the older ones that had the dial type clock it's the motor on the clock that's gone it will get worse and it will get louder, if you can get me the model number I will take a look, if it has a bottom drawer open that and see if there's a model number in there, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Exactly it is the one with the clock with hands. The model# XXXXX XXXXX 330 PSRN 0.
This is all the information I have.
Is it similar to this one ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Exactly the same clock
Okay are you handy, do you have some common tools,? The problem with your oven is I believe it's a gas range is that correct? The clock is the problem but you need to disconnect the clock motor in order to stop this noise, the clock will longer function however, also the clock is no longer available, let me know if you can work on this,thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brian, your answers having of much help. I'm not a very handy woman but even though, my problem is not being handy enough. My problem is that I'm renting the house I will have to ask the landlord to send me a technicXXXXX XXXXXke to you to solve the problem. The stove is not mine it is the owner's stove so I'll proceed to tell him exactly what you told me with this helpful answers.
Okay, he's not gonna be able to get the part so most likely he's gonna have to disconnect the clock motor, which is a very simple process, all he has to do is take one wire off the clock motor and tape it off, like I said however the clock will not work anymore after that but the oven will still work correctly, hopefully your landlord will reimburse you for this consultation, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan