Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

I have a Maytag Dryer model MDE7657BYQ, it appears timer and

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dryer model MDE7657BYQ, it appears timer and / or damp sensor broken, it never stops. What is your opinion ? How would you fix it ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. First thing to try is to take some steel wool and use it to clean off the sensor bars inside your dryer. They can get coated with dryer sheet stuff, and not sense the clothes being dry. If that does not work, reply back here and we can trouble shoot some more.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Where are the damp sensor bars? Also it has two modes: intellidry and timed dry, it keeps runnig in both modes, does that still sound like the damp sensor ?

Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Does the timer ever advance in timed dry?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Doesn't appear to advance in etiher mode, occasionally moves. Is it a mechanical timer, or a processor based timer ? Is it replaceable? The dryer is 8 years old.
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
You have a bad timer if it does not advance in timed dry. You can purchase one by clicking here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the answers and the link.

Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome. If you need more help please reply here. And don't forget to press accept.