Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I returned home I found the circuit breaker tripped on

When I returned home I found the circuit breaker tripped on fridge. I reset breaker and refrigerator started working. The compressor and refrigeration portion works just fine but I have no lighting and the water dispenser and ice auger do not work in the freezer section this is a side by side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay this means your door switch has failed in the freezer section, if the door switch fails the auger will not run and the light will not come on, the switch is most likely shorted, you will need to replace it, you can order this at the following link, there is also a video there to show you how to test it if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Iam a HVAC tech Just to let you know I checked both switches already
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, how old is this unit? The logical thing would've been the switch because when you open the door the controls the light and also shuts off power to the dispenser and auger,check the plug at the top of the freezer door, there is a plug runs the dispenser sometimes these plugs will short, but this wouldn't account for the light have you checked power to the light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Bryan, I have 2 switches in the the door jamb and I checked both for continuity and they are working. My mod. # XXXXX XXXXX side by side KSRT26DTALOO Ser # XXXXX I wish I had a schematic, I could probably find the issue. ice auger, water dispenser and lighting does not work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm having trouble reading the schematic on my laptop. I dont have a printer here where I'm at. I thank you for the info and I will check it out tomorrow. When I find the problem I will let you know and I promise you will get paid. Thanks for all your help. If you think of something else let me know. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yeah that schematic was hard to get. sorry it isn't bigger. let me know what you find. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I haven't got back to you bryan but I haven't worked on the fridge yet. It won't be till tomorrow when I will have a chance to work on it. I didn;t forget about you. Thanks Mark G
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
No problem Mark, just let me know I will be on tomorrow at least on and off anyway most of the day, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan Mark here, sorry took so long to get back to you. Thanks for the schematic. unfortunately There must be a break in the wiring thats between the outside casing and the insulation. I traced out all the plugs and still no luck. I'm am still going to release payment to you for all your trouble. Unless you can think of something else. Thanks for all your help Mark.G