Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a LG gas dryer front load model #DLG2532W that is not

Customer Question

I have a LG gas dryer front load model #DLG2532W that is not heating. Less than a year ago, I had the main control assembly replaced. I would like to "reset" the dryer but do not know exactly where the resent button is. Can you tell me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.

There is no "reset" button on this model. You either have a bad igniter or a bad thermo fuse. Both parts are on the inside. You would need to remove the top then the front to gain access to both parts. Three screws hold the top on and four hold the front op on then remove the two by the lint filter. Once inside you can ohm both parts out. The igniter and the round thermo fuse on the heater canister should have continuity. Which ever one does not is the one that needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is a reset on the canister fuse. I have been charged for it to be reset before.
On this model it shows its a one time fuse and on all the ones I have fixed it had to be replaced. But you would still need to get inside you check the components friend.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I know more than this guy....there a reset-able fuse and a non-reset-able fuse on my dryer. Don't charge me for this wasteless service.
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is Randy and I am here to assist you with your situation. First, the previous expert was correct on 95% of all dryers. However, your dryer is in the 5% category that has a resettable thermostat. I am sending you a link to show you where it is located. Now to get access to the thermostat you will need to take off the front of the dryer. To do that you will have to get a good string putty knife or butter knife. About 2" in from both the left and right side top, where the top meets the front there are some clips You will need to use the putty knife and push in on the clips to pop the front off. You will see the clips I am talking about on the top of the door if you look at the "Cabinet/Door" diagram. Next you will see the thermostat as #K560 on the "Drum/Motor" diagram. Hope this helps and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.