Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I replace the rt front custom control element on JEC9530

How do I replace the rt front custom control element on JEC9530 stovetop?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You first need to turn the circuit breaker off to the cooktop. Next, open the cabinet doors below the cooktop and remove all the brackets around the edge of the cooktop holding the cooktop to the countertop. There should just be screws that you can remove to remove these metal brackets, and there could be anywhere from 0 - 4 brackets depending on how the installer decided to mount it.

Once the brackets are removed, push up from below the cooktop to lift the cooktop up above the countertop. Set the cooktop on a towel or something and then remove all 20 or so screws around the border of the cooktop. The top glass panel will then pull straight up and off and you can replace the element.