Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a 2 year old refrigerator. we had lost power for several

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old refrigerator. we had lost power for several hours and now the unit will not cool the refrigerator or freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

What is showing on the display??

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Normal display shows temp set at and actual temp.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Press power cool and power freeze together for 15 seconds, the lights should flash during that time, tell me what happens afterward..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing happend screen remained blank
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is it still blank?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes still blank
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Unplug the unit for 5 minutes and plug it back in, to see if the computer resets itself...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry dident work

Thanks