Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my front loader washer is leaving the soap just wet in the

my front loader washer is leaving the soap just wet in the container and not going into wash the clothes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you using powder detergent I'm assuming?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I have always used powdered and have never had any problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok make sure that the plastic divider behind the ditergant area where you put the powder didn't accidently get pushed DOWN all the way. You need to pull up on this divider to make sure that it's set up for powder and not liquid.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It says liquid or powder but theres no different setting for that. and I've run it several times and the water doesn"t seem to be even flowing into that side. Ive pulled the drawer out and cleaned the drawer and the inside where the drawer sits and it doesn't seem to do anything to help the problem.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
There is a difference. It says "LIQUID" and "POWDER" because for liquic that divider needs to be pushed down all the way to the bottom of the drawer. If it's powder it needs to be lifted up. I bet if you remove that divider al the detergent will flush out. That will prove that you don't have the divider set correctly if it works. This is a common problem because the divider just has to be bumped and it will go down into the liquid position
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did that and it still didn't work. That was earlier this am
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then that means that your dispenser actuator motor that diverts the water into the correct area isn't working properly. You'll need to remove the top panel and replace the actuator mounted to the top of the dispenser. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Good luck and have a nice day.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks fo ryour help i really appreciate it. are there instructions on how to take off the front panel, or do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you don't take off the front panel, you remove the top panel. There are just 3 screws coming in from the back and the top panel will pull brack up and off once you remove the screws. Good luck.