Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

My Fisher paykal refrigerator model # XXXXX keeps freezing

My Fisher paykal refrigerator model # XXXXX keeps freezing everything in the fridge. I turned down the thermostats to setting of 4 and everything was ok for the day. Woke up this morning everything was frozen again. So cold that it broke a glass bottle. Also the water dispenser is not working. Fridge is maybe a year and a half old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

Francis :

Hello, You can still turn it down further and observe if it would still freezes everything in the fridge. Then that would explain why you do not have water in your dispenser. The water reservoir inside the fridge could have frozen also.

I turned it down again this morning. If that does not work what is the worst case scenario I am looking at?

Francis :

Replacing the thermostat. Or if you can see where the sensor is, might as well check the sensor if it is just being covered by a plastic or food inside the fridge that is why it can not sense the actual temperature inside the fridge. If you got the digital sensors, these sensors are on walls inside the unit with small grills to protect it as well as to sense the temperature inside. If the grill was covered, then it would send a wrong signal to the computer.