The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have an Emerson Microwave 900W, serial numberNNN-NN-NNNNM.

Customer Question

I have an Emerson Microwave 900W, serial numberNNN-NN-NNNNM. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. But I live in hurricane territory and was without electricity from Sun. till today (Thurs.) The microwave was showing 000 in the clock space and when I pushed the button saying "clock" the display flashed on and off, which is normal, but pressing the keys to set the clock had no effect -- the numbers would not register. I tried unplugging the microwave and then plugging it back in. Same deal -- couldn't get the numbers to register so I could set the clock. I would appreciate some help. I called both lines listed in the manual and was directed to the microwave dept. but the dept. never came on. I tried twice and gave up. I'd be grateful for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

Most likely the unit was surged when the power went out. As this is a new unit it should be covered under the factory warranty. Would you like the contact information for Emmerson appliance warranty repair?