Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cannot set oven bake temperature above 260 degrees, following

Cannot set oven "bake" temperature above 260 degrees, following power failure.

When you hit Bake it shows 180 degrees not standard of 350.

You can enter 260 degrees and it takes but nothing above that.

Oven has been used for 12 year - brand new oven in 1999

Model number is XXXXX
Serial Number is XXXXX

A quick response is critical for we are without baking capabilities

Thank you very much in advance.

Bob Johnson XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that your oven was changed to Celsius from Fahrenheit. To convert it back open the door and press and hold the broil button for 5 seconds.

If it won't switch back, you'll need to order and replace the display relay control board because it's just shorted for one reason or another.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried holding bake button

It comes up zero with CAL next to it.

If I hit bake it goes up by 3

If I try hitting 350 and it gives error.

So is there anything else I can do? Also, how much is the part? Not labor! Could they say more things could be wrong.

If this is to much I would rather buy new on - it's 12 years old.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
you're holding the "Bake" button. I said you you need to press and hold the BROIL button with the door open to change it.

Also, if you need a control board, they are normally about $200 for the part.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That worked - sorry I didn't read it correctly

If you want to come to Cape CID you could make a fortune!

Thanks again -

I will accept now
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no problem, I'm glad you're all up and running again. You have a great day.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.