Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

We have an Amana glasstop range that came with the house we

Customer Question

We have an Amana glasstop range that came with the house we bought. Is there a way to remove the white haze on the glass? Typical glasstop buffing products, while they clean the range well, will not remove this haze. I have seen a "glass cooktop restoration kit" from do it yourself. inc, but don't know if it will work, or damage the surface. Is there a recommended solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi ...My name is Bob...I will be helping you on your repair today...We use whirpools cooktop cleaner..Works very well for this...CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob,

I have tried at least four different brands of glass top cleaner, and none have worked. I am skeptical about trying yet another of the same type of product. they all do the basic job, but none will remove the white haze. Is there a product you know if that is SPECIFICALLY FORMULATED for my issue?
Try the Whirlpool it is superior to all rest..It cuts thru the buildup better than the others..We use it specifically.....Thanks Bob

Please accept my answer for my time helping you on your question today or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bob,

I have ordered the product you recommended, and will accept the answer as soon as it arrives and proves to do the trick. Thanks.
Great let us know..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bob,

I recieved the product you recommended, and tried it (several times, in fact). Sad to report that it did no better than the two or three other stovetop cleaners I tried.
Then you have more than a haze..More than likely it is permanent to the cook top...We have used turtle liquid wax with a buffer to polish the top..I don't recommend it unless you are experienced with using a buffer..