Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a Maytag dryer model # XXXXX When you select

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dryer model # XXXXX When you select a setting on the dial and press in the dial the machine makes a humming sound and will not run. I have removed the front of the dryer and cleaned out the lint catcher which by the way was dirty. When this occurred I removed all the clothes and tried to restart the dryer and it worked for a short period of time empty, but when I put the clothes back in to dry the same humming sound occured and it would not run. Any help would be appreciated. The dryer is six years old and bought from Home Depot.
GorXXXXX XXXXXcock [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi ...My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you on your repair today....If the dryer is making a humming sound then this is most definitely the dryer motor...You can check this by..Opening the door...Tape or hold down the door switch...Press the start button..At the same time carefully reach in and rotate the drum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I purchase amotor and install it myself? We are on a fixed income and money is tight. I am good with electrical.
Yes it is very possible..Keep in mind you can purchase a Whirlpool Roper Dryer new for under $300.00..As the replacement motor is $110.00....It all depends upon the condition of the dryer itself...CLICK HERE FOR MOTOR