Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag washing machine has just stopped working. Its been

My Maytag washing machine has just stopped working. It's been fine up till two nights ago, we washed one load, no problem then the next, nothing. We unplugged and plugged back in, tryed the fuse box, again nothing. Our Maytag dryer works just fine. So with no warning signs, I can't imagine what the problem is. Our Model Number is XXXXX Any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the unit acts completely dead, that means that your lid switch assembly had gone bad if you're sure there is electricity coming to the washer. Below is a link to the switch assembly you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. The part is located directly in the middle under the control panel.

CLICK HERE